Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Bertrand, Shawn R" <sh...@tycoelectronics.com> on 2007/08/13 21:19:36 UTC

[Trinidad] Disabling tr:poll

Is it possible to disable a polling component, such as when the user
enters a dialog?  In our application, the polling component continues
its timer even when the dialog is displayed, which leads to a refresh of
the dialog contents and an unnecessary blink.

Further, our polling consists of checking on session status, and because
the dialog is up, I can't automatically and cleanly bring them out of
the dialog.  I'd prefer to just disable the page polling, and have a
separate polling within the dialog to take over the session status
checks.

Thanks in advance,

Shawn Bertrand

Tyco Electronics

Re: [Trinidad] Disabling tr:poll

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
We should, at a minimum, support setting the poll interval
to a negative number meaning "stop polling". I don't know
if we support this, though...  Then, just make the poll component
partialTrigger point at whatever launches the dialog.

-- Adam