Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Dilli Dorai <di...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/05 01:29:37 UTC

Resend: plugin-shims in ranger-0.5, RANGER-586

Resending adding link to the JIRA.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RANGER-586

May be the original mail missed to grab the attention of right people.

Hoping,  someone, the change reviewer/approver or committer would respond?

Thanks
Dilli

Re: Resend: plugin-shims in ranger-0.5, RANGER-586

Posted by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Dilli,

ranger-0.5 branch is being used for all minor releases of ranger-0.5.* series …. (initial version: ranger-0.5.0  and the next version planned:  ranger-0.5.1).

Once  ranger-0.6.0 is ready to be tested for release,  ranger-0.6 branch should be created from master and all ranger-0.6.* fixes/changes  should go into both master and ranger-0.6 branch.

Hope, this clarifies further.

Thanks,
Selva-

From: Dilli Dorai <di...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 7:56 PM
To: "dev@ranger.incubator.apache.org<ma...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>" <de...@ranger.incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Resend: plugin-shims in ranger-0.5, RANGER-586

Thanks Selva for the quick response.

I had a concern because, I see these shim packages in ranger-0.5 branch of
ranger.

Snippet of commands from my git repo

git status

On branch ranger-0.5

Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/ranger-0.5'.

nothing to commit, working directory cleanOn branch ranger-0.5

ls -d -1 *shim

ranger-hbase-plugin-shim

ranger-hdfs-plugin-shim

ranger-hive-plugin-shim

ranger-kafka-plugin-shim

ranger-knox-plugin-shim

ranger-storm-plugin-shim

ranger-yarn-plugin-shim

git log -1 ranger-hbase-plugin-shim

commit fac88a20d61aaf75f56eab9b9cf28f32887f33d8

Author: rmani <rm...@hortonworks.com>>

Date:   Tue Oct 27 16:30:08 2015 -0700

    RANGER-586:Ranger plugins should not add dependent libraries to
component's CLASSPATH

This implies these changes have been committed to ranger-0.5 branch.

Thanks

Dilli

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 4:45 PM, Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org>>
wrote:

Hi Dilli,

It currently has Affected Version as 0.5.0 and fix version as BLANK. I am
fixing the fix version for RANGER-586 to be ranger-0.5.1 now.

The class loader feature is being planned to be added in ranger-0.5.1 and
should be available in ranger-0.6.0 also. It is not being addressed as part
of ranger-0.5.0.

Thanks,
Selva-

Posted by Dilli Dorai <di...@gmail.com>.