Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ram <ra...@netcore.co.in> on 2008/07/09 08:27:05 UTC

How to make an exception to URIBL_SBL

One of our customers domain is hitting URIBL_SBL. For no fault of his ,
his DNS provider is listed

So mails containing his own domain links get marked spam
How do I make an exception to this ? Is there a way to say for known
list of domains do no uri checks

 I dont want to reduce scores of URIBL_SBL since it is very good at
catching spam

Thanks
Ram

Re: How to make an exception to URIBL_SBL

Posted by Yet Another Ninja <sa...@alexb.ch>.
On 7/9/2008 8:27 AM, ram wrote:
> One of our customers domain is hitting URIBL_SBL. For no fault of his ,
> his DNS provider is listed
>
> So mails containing his own domain links get marked spam
> How do I make an exception to this ? Is there a way to say for known
> list of domains do no uri checks
>
>  I dont want to reduce scores of URIBL_SBL since it is very good at
> catching spam

uridnsbl_skip_domain  example.com

Re: How to make an exception to URIBL_SBL

Posted by Jeff Chan <je...@surbl.org>.
On Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 3:03:32 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
>> whitelist_to *.example.com
>> whitelist_from *example.com
>>
> These should be

> whitelist_to *@example.com
> whitelist_from *@example.com

> Stupid boy! (Slaps self on wrist).

> Martin

URIBL_SBL checks the IP addresses of the nameservers of web sites
in the message body against the Spamhaus SBL list.

Jeff C.
--
Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc@surbl.org

Re: How to make an exception to URIBL_SBL

Posted by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org>.

Posted by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org>.
On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 07:27, ram wrote:
> One of our customers domain is hitting URIBL_SBL. For no fault of his ,
> his DNS provider is listed
>
> So mails containing his own domain links get marked spam
> How do I make an exception to this ? Is there a way to say for known
> list of domains do no uri checks
>
>  I dont want to reduce scores of URIBL_SBL since it is very good at
> catching spam

what about adding

whitelist_to *.example.com
whitelist_from *example.com

to .spamassassin/user_prefs in the user where you run spamd.

Martin