Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Harsha <ha...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/17 01:38:05 UTC

Interested in PIG - Gsoc 2012

Hi Devs,

Congratulations for being accepted for Gsoc 2012.

I am interested in the project *Mavenize PIG*. Mavenizing PIG would be
important over ant as it's native features for managing dependencies,
reporting, plugins etc.
I hope to go through the PIG project structure to identify how we can
modularize PIG using maven and build it.

Now Maven provides resource plugins - copy plugins etc. Hence all the stuff
that Ant capable of is possible with Maven with it's own features.

Hope to post further details soon.

Bit of my Open Source experience
================
[0]: http://svn.openmrs.org/openmrs-contrib/ui-frameworks/
[1]: http://code.google.com/p/sci-flex/
[2]: https://www.ohloh.net/accounts/harsha_halgaswatta
[3]: http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-2008-sahana/
[4]:
http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2008/05/this-weeks-top-10s-universities-
for.html

Thanks
Harsha

Re: Interested in PIG - Gsoc 2012

Posted by Jonathan Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.
Harsha,

This would be really great for the Pig project. Reach out to the listserv
with any questions, but it would be a really great way to have an impact on
Pig and help facilitate development!

Jon

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.