Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Hopf <mi...@epost.de> on 2001/04/02 12:21:00 UTC

jaxp1.1 and tomcat 3.2.1 ?

hi,

our xml framework is build on the xerces1_2_3 and jaxp1.1.

A servlet that uses our xml stuff always throws a no such
method error exactly in the line of code where the method
saxParser.getXMLReader() is called.

I assume that the jaxp.jar file in the $(TOMCAT_HOME)/lib
directory is jaxp version 1.0.1 or older and that this
causes the exception.

Whatever I do tomcat seems to use the jaxp classes
(SaxParserFactory and SaxParser) from that jaxp.jar file.

I tried to put the version 1.1 of jaxp.jar in the $(TOMCAT_HOME)/lib
directory. But then tomcat does not start any more.

Is there a way of rucnning the to jaxp versions parallel ?
What do you suggest ?

Many thanks in advance, Michael