Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by fancellu <di...@felstar.com> on 2006/12/21 15:06:06 UTC

MC4J to ActiveMQ?

I can easily use JConsole to poke my local ActiveMQ Broker, via Local Tab
showing PID.

How do I do the same with MC4J?

It looks a lot more complex and can't work out what I am supposed to do,
nothing connects.

Thanks.

Re: MC4J to ActiveMQ?

Posted by Marlon Santos <ms...@exist.com>.
Hi,

(1) run a broker... make sure that useJmx is set to true
(2) run mc4j
(3) click on management > create server connection
(4) Fill in the following data
    Name: ActiveMQ (*I think this can be any name you like*)
   Connection Type: J2SE 5.0 (this is the dropdown box at the top)
   Initial Context Factory: com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory
   Server URL: service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi (just
change the port number 1099 with the port you were using)

(5) Click Next and Finish...

A node with the name you used will be available (in my example, ActiveMQ)
and your connected...

Regards,
Marlon