Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Paul Hendley - Sun Microsystems <Pa...@east.sun.com> on 2001/02/13 22:53:01 UTC

Question about ActionServlet init params

Hi People,

Currently the ActionServlet gets configured based on some servlet initialization
parameters defined in the web.xml file.
Some of these are:
	application
	bufferSize
	config
	detail

The "config" parameter allows you to specify a context-relative path to the XML resource
containing configuration information.  This is usually set to point to the
/WEB-INF/struts-config.xml.

If I want to refer to multiple xml resource files containing config info, how would I go
about doing this?

It seems my only alternative for now is to keep everything in struts-config.xml, but I was
hoping not to have to keep everything that one file.

tia,
-Paul

Re: Question about ActionServlet init params

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Paul Hendley - Sun Microsystems wrote:

> [snip]
> If I want to refer to multiple xml resource files containing config info, how would I go
> about doing this?
>
> It seems my only alternative for now is to keep everything in struts-config.xml, but I was
> hoping not to have to keep everything that one file.

Two approaches that I have heard about for dealing with this:

* Low tech - In your build process, use the "cat" utility to
  glue together a bunch of independently maintained segments
  of the struts-config.xml file.

* High tech - There is apparently a syntax where you can
  declare in the header of an XML document that it should
  do something akin to an "include" operation.  I'm not sure
  how well this would work inside a WAR file, however.

> tia,
> -Paul

Craig