Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kevin Roberts <ke...@hotmail.com> on 2002/08/26 03:20:15 UTC

Apache 2.0.40 on W2K: AcceptEx Failed?

Hi.

I've installed the latest Apache 2.0.40 on an NT4 (SP6) server without a
hitch. When I try to do the same on a W2K Pro (SP3) workstation, the service
appears to go into a loop writing to the error log the following message:

[error] (32538)An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.
: winnt_accept: AcceptEx failed. Attempting to recover.

I have searched google and the users mail list archive extensively but all
references to 32538 errors seem related to WSADuplicateSocket, and not
AcceptEx. I have also tried running Apache without my firewall/virus
scanning running and experienced the same problem. I even installed IIS (and
disabled) it just to be sure I wasn't missing any Windows sockets DLLs.

I am stumped on what to look at next. Grateful for any help.

Regards.

Kevin Roberts

Re: Apache 2.0.40 on W2K: AcceptEx Failed?

Posted by 野村 信吾 <68...@nyc.odn.ne.jp>.
Hi.

Even I am same I am receiving a lot of : "Unknown error: winnt_accept:
Asynchronous AcceptEx failed".
My environment where the error comes out is as follows.

Windows2000Server (not using Microsoft-IIS at all)
Dual CPU
1Gb Memory
Apache2.0.39(Win32) (Binary package)
(Problem did not occur at all, when the memory is 256MB)
(As soon as I increased the memory to 1GB this problem occurred)

I think that this is the bug of Apache (Win32).
The bug of this Apache frames Windows to the system error.
And OS becomes impossible operation and do worst Shutdown.
I stop the use of Apache, because I do not want to feel pain anymore.

It is not a solution and sorry.

Thank you.