Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by vijay vijay <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/03 13:54:55 UTC

error regarding the descriptor is not valid for the fallowing reason:

Hi
       i am getting an error like this
""

the descriptor is not valid for the fallowing reason: the class
com.iton.uima.test.Test
 is not a valid a valid analysis component.you must specify an annotator,cas
consumer,collection reader or cas multipler.
if u are calling ResourceManager.setExcetionClassPath,this erro also can be
caused if u have put UIMA frame work jar file
on the extension calss path.which is not allowed.
descriptor file:c/workspace/xyz/descriptor/aeDescriptor.xml.  ""

can any help my this is coming.i am not getting it any clues for this error
to rectify.

vijay

Fwd: error regarding the descriptor is not valid for the fallowing reason:

Posted by vijay vijay <vi...@gmail.com>.
Posted by vijay vijay <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi
    i am not able put my problem across u people.i have started with  goal
in mind to get the Annotation by sending string from a jsp page and get the
result dynamically.

for this i have taken one annoattion class i n this class i had intilise and
process metods.in intialize i got configaparam values and in process i have
got pattern by callin pattern.setbegin like that. in one more class(sinilar
example application) i have taken 2 file one is inpt and another is
TaeDescriptor.i have parsed this after that i have set the configartion
parameters and reConfigure() also,here i got the result when i run this as
java application.same thing i have put in one servlet and deplyoed it in
tomcat after so much troubles i got result in eclipse ide console

but when i give url like thishttp://localhost:8000/UIMAWeb/servlet/Test i am
getting the blank page.insted of getting annotations.

i hope u got my point,screens whic are there in previous mails are the out
puts my problem.

vijay

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
[...]

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Sorry I don't understand your question. If you want to get help also
from other users, you have to post your question on the users list not
on the developers list.

-- Michael

Posted by vijay vijay <vi...@gmail.com>.
HI
    Michael,

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.

Posted by Roberto Franchini <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 10/3/07, vijay vijay <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>        i am getting an error like this
> ""
>
> the descriptor is not valid for the fallowing reason: the class
> com.iton.uima.test.Test
>  is not a valid a valid analysis component.you must specify an annotator,cas
> consumer,collection reader or cas multipler.
> if u are calling ResourceManager.setExcetionClassPath,this erro also can be
> caused if u have put UIMA frame work jar file
> on the extension calss path.which is not allowed.
> descriptor file:c/workspace/xyz/descriptor/aeDescriptor.xml.  ""

The exception is clear:
in the descriptor you point to the class  com.iton.uima.test.Test
which is'nt an Annotator, nor a consumer, reader or what ever else
usable by uima.

Read the exception, read the manual, try to find the solutuion
yourself and please don't post the same question more than 1 time.
Regards, roberto.

--
Roberto Franchini
CELI s.r.l.  (http://www.celi.it) - C.so Moncalieri 21 - 10131 Torino - ITALY