Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Paul Ferraro <pm...@columbia.edu> on 2005/03/06 02:29:59 UTC

Do we need a 3.0.3 release?

As much as I too would like to close the book on 3.0, there are some
issues with the 3.0.2 release:

1. A patch applied to the DatePicker in 3.0.2 introduced a bug where the
calendar does not close automatically if no onchange event listener is
specified.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-238?page=comments

2. The JanitorThread fix in 3.0.2 was not entirely correct.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-230?page=comments

I would argue that the first issue alone warrants a 3.0.3 release.
Thoughts?  Does anyone else know of any other issues with 3.0.2?

Paul

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 3.0.3

Posted by Mikaël Cluseau <nw...@nwrk.dyndns.org>.
I would add a fix in the DataSqueezer: the current implementation allow
Strings like "abc&sp=def" directly in the URL, which creates a second
parameter where only one is expected.

This is very inconvenient when you squeeze callback URLs (I have a
RedirectCallback that squeezes to R{url}). The bug is not obvious (I
first tought the browser was "pretty printing" the URL) as the "?" is
not considered a parameter so, if you have
Login.tap?sp=R/List.tap?sp=1&sp=2, the callback's URL becomes
"/List.tap?sp=1" and you have a second parameter to your Login page...

I think the correct way of encoding parameters is :

import java.net.URLEncoder;
import java.net.URLDecoder;
public class DataSqueezer {
    public String squeeze(Object data) throws IOException
    {
        ISqueezeAdaptor adaptor;

        if (data == null)
            return NULL_PREFIX;

        adaptor = (ISqueezeAdaptor) _adaptors.getAdaptor(data.getClass());

        return URLEncoder.encode(adaptor.squeeze(this, data),"UTF-8");
    }
    public Object unsqueeze(String rawString) throws IOException
    {
        ISqueezeAdaptor adaptor = null;

        String string = URLDecoder.decode(rawString, "UTF-8");

        if (string.equals(NULL_PREFIX))
            return null;

        int offset = string.charAt(0) - FIRST_ADAPTOR_OFFSET;

        if (offset >= 0 && offset < _adaptorByPrefix.length)
            adaptor = _adaptorByPrefix[offset];

        // If the adaptor is not otherwise recognized, the it is simply
        // an encoded String (the StringAdaptor may not have added
        // a prefix).

        if (adaptor == null)
            return string;

        // Adaptor should never be null, because we always supply
        // an adaptor for String

        return adaptor.unsqueeze(this, string);
    }
}

I use UTF-8 because it is specified by the W3C, so there is no need to
let it be configured. Would'nt hurt too...

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 3.0.3

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
+0

I'm very focused on 3.1 ... and now, maybe some Ajax components. And a
lot more.  I can give a little limited help in terms of getting a
3.0.x build environment set up. It's tricky!

Also, please remember to duplicate any fixed bugs so that the fixes
will be ported forward into the 3.1 code base (CVS HEAD).

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 10:09:12 +1100, Richard Lewis-Shell
<rl...@mac.com> wrote:
> I'm happy to see a 3.0.3 release to fix these things.  Never say never :-)
>
> Richard
>
> Paul Ferraro wrote:
> > I would like to propose a 3.0.3 release that would contain fixes for the
> > following issues (I've added 2 more):
> >
> > 1.) TAPESTRY-238 - bug in DatePicker patch from 3.0.2 that prevents
> > calendar window from closing
> > 2.) TAPESTRY-230 - JanitorThread fix in 3.0.2 is incomplete
> > 3.) TAPESTRY-277 - DatePicker onchange event fires when date does not
> > change
> > 4.) TAPESTRY-255 - Fix for ValidationStrings_zh_TW.properties
> >
> > What do people think?
> >
> > Erik - yes, I'll volunteer to manage a 3.0.3 release if we decide it's
> > in order.  I'd like to gather some more feedback before I check-in fixes
> > for these issues and start the voting process.
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > Erik Hatcher wrote:
> >
> >> Paul - are you volunteering to be a release manager on such a
> >> release?  I think it would help Howard dramatically if others could
> >> jump in and push through these types of things.
> >>
> >> For the record, I'm +1 on a 3.0.3 release with these two fixes made.
> >>
> >>     Erik

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind

Re: [DISCUSS] Release 3.0.3

Posted by "Michael M. Brzycki" <mb...@noblepredator.com>.
Can we add:

TAPESTRY-001 contrib:FormConditional element parameter render test is wrong

Its been out there for quite a while, and the FormConditional component
does not work as advertised because of it.

Michael

Richard Lewis-Shell wrote:

> I'm happy to see a 3.0.3 release to fix these things.  Never say never
> :-)
>
> Richard
>
> Paul Ferraro wrote:
>
>> I would like to propose a 3.0.3 release that would contain fixes for
>> the following issues (I've added 2 more):
>>
>> 1.) TAPESTRY-238 - bug in DatePicker patch from 3.0.2 that prevents
>> calendar window from closing
>> 2.) TAPESTRY-230 - JanitorThread fix in 3.0.2 is incomplete
>> 3.) TAPESTRY-277 - DatePicker onchange event fires when date does not
>> change
>> 4.) TAPESTRY-255 - Fix for ValidationStrings_zh_TW.properties
>>
>> What do people think?
>>
>> Erik - yes, I'll volunteer to manage a 3.0.3 release if we decide
>> it's in order.  I'd like to gather some more feedback before I
>> check-in fixes for these issues and start the voting process.
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> Erik Hatcher wrote:
>>
>>> Paul - are you volunteering to be a release manager on such a
>>> release?  I think it would help Howard dramatically if others could
>>> jump in and push through these types of things.
>>>
>>> For the record, I'm +1 on a 3.0.3 release with these two fixes made.
>>>
>>>     Erik

Michael M. Brzycki
Chief Technology Officer
Noble Predator LLC