Posted to dev@htrace.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2015/01/12 08:59:42 UTC

[VOTE] htrace-3.1.0, the seventh release candidate

I've posted our seventh htrace-3.1.0 release candidate here:

  http://people.apache.org/~stack/htrace-3.1.0-incubatingRC6/

Maven artifacts are here:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehtrace-1011

The main changes from RC5 are addressing Nick Dimiduk review feedback of
last RC.

The release is a src-only tarball for now. Later we can add binary bundles
to our release after we have better sense of what we as a project would
like to deliver.

This release is mainly a change of packaging from org.htrace to
org.apache.htrace to suit our new home here in Apache Incubator but it does
also includes 40 resolved issues [1] including the beginnings of an htrace
daemon whose intent is to make it so there is a low barrier collecting
cluster traces as well as a new flume receiver.

Beware that Apache Incubator, org.apache.htrace is not compatible with its
former self, org.htrace: the package name has changed but so has the JSON
serialization format. See README.md for a few notes on how to migrate.

Shall we make this release candidate our first incubator release?

Lets keep the vote period short (We'll have to run another vote over in
incubator general after this one if I understand the process properly).

Please vote +1/0/-1 by Wednesday, January 13th, 2015.

Thanks,
St.Ack

1.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20HTRACE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20resolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.1.0%20ORDER%20BY%20issuetype%20DESC

Re: [VOTE] htrace-3.1.0, the seventh release candidate

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Thank you Billie.  Let me fix.
St.Ack

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@apache.org>.
I was thinking that too! Thanks, Stack.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
I was thinking you lot the patient crew putting up w/ my doggy release
managering.

Next one will be it.

St.Ack

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: [VOTE] htrace-3.1.0, the seventh release candidate

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@alumni.cmu.edu>.
I downloaded the sources and did a "mvn clean" and the build/ and pkg/
directories went away.  I think we just need to re-generate the tarball
after doing "mvn clean".  I guess that means a new RC though.

best,
Colin

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Is that a -1 Billie?

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Downloaded and verified signatures and hash. Built the tarball successfully
on macosx.

On linux failed build with this:

     [exec] ./gobuild.sh: line 97:
/home/stack/htrace-3.1.0-incubating/htrace-core/src/go/build/godep: cannot
execute binary file

St.Ack

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.
+1

verified signature
verified checksums
built on CentOS7, apache-maven-3.2.5, java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.71, go1.4
ran "mvn test" and passed all tests

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
+1

Checked md5/sha with gpg --print-mds htrace-3.1.0-incubating-src.tar.gz |
diff - htrace-3.1.0-incubating-src.tar.gz.mds && echo "Passed"
verified sig with ppg --verify htrace-3.1.0-incubating-src.tar.gz.asc
Ran mvn clean package and got passing tests.
ran mvn apache-rat:check and all files have correct header.
apache 2.0 license is in the LICENSE file.
Untarred source looks good.
Jars in the maven repo look good.
Pom's in the maven repo looks good.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Thanks Masatake. Agree that it looks bad but not enough reason to cut a new
RC.
St.Ack

Posted by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>.