Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> on 2015/08/18 00:19:35 UTC

[VOTE] Merge branch TEZ-2003 into master

Following up from the earlier note about merging the TEZ-2003 branch back
into master, this is a vote for the same.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tez-dev/201507.mbox/%3CCAOapipvQy3pUYOsEDz-1UezNMFkwTgpq29reehY9pnH1ShDsxQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
)

There've been a bunch of reviews, and comments answered / addressed /
 tracked for future work, test-patch reports are mostly clean (waiting for
a new findbugs report), and the branch has been running with an external
service (LLAP - HIVE-7926) on a multi-node cluster for several months.

Work will continue on the feature after the merge. There's several pending
jiras, which can be worked on after the changes are available in master.
Some are simple changes like renames - which will be just before or soon
after the merge.

After a merge is complete, I'll call for a release off of the 0.8 line - as
an alpha, to get the bits available to downstream users, as well as to
allow the changes to go through more testing.

The vote will is open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks
- Sid

Re: [VOTE] Merge branch TEZ-2003 into master

Posted by Gopal Vijayaraghavan <go...@apache.org>.
+1 - I¹ve been testing this branch with Tez+Uber+External hybrid mode
execution.

Cheers,
Gopal

Posted by Rajesh Balamohan <rb...@apache.org>.
+1. More rigorous testing & fixing bugs if any can happen after merge.

~Rajesh.B

Posted by "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jz...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 Did a basic review on the TEZ-2003 branch, and run some pig jobs
successfully based on this branch.

Best Regard,
Jeff Zhang

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
+1.

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.
With 5 binding +1s (6 if my vote counts here) and no -1s, the vote passes.

Thanks everyone for the reviews and trying out the branch.

I'll rebase it one final time, and merge the changes in after getting a +1
from jenkins.