Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andreas Vogler <an...@geneon.de> on 2012/11/15 08:40:35 UTC

Creating secondary storgae VM fails on XCP 1.5 with "Unable to find partition containing kernel"

Hi,

I tried setting up Cloudstack 4.0.0 on XCP 1.5. I already worked around the problem, that the Xen template has to be renamed but now I'm stuck at the point where the secondary storage VM should start. As far as I can tell the main error message is

[Traceback (most recent call last):,   File "/usr/bin/pygrub", line 850, in ?,     raise RuntimeError, "Unable to find partition containing kernel", RuntimeError: Unable to find partition containing kernel, ]

I couldn't find any reference to wether XCP 1.5 is really supported but as far as I can tell it should work. Is this a bug in XCP 1.5 or is this a problem related to Cloudstack. Or is it possible that I configured something the wrong way (I tried to keep as close as possible to the official docs for XenServer).

Thanks for any help

  Andreas Vogler