Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peter Kennard <pe...@livingwork.com> on 2007/03/04 11:24:51 UTC

Detecting terminal HTTP chunk

Hmm - when reading HTTP1.1 chunked data, is there a way of detecting
reciept of the terminal "0" chunk in a servlet ?

Googling about, Apparently this does not report an EOD "exception"
(as I would expect) because some people have been using post last
chunk data for server internal out-of band information. (?????)

Questions:

1 - Is there a way I can detect receipt of the terminal HTTP chunk before
     the final "read()" which would hang and timeout otherwise (Yes I
could detect an end tag or whatever and push the "problem" upstairs,
but that's not the point).

2 - Is there a way (short of writing a protocol handler) to disable
     chunk parsing in the ServletInputStream and be responsible for
my own chunk parsing ? (Ideally for me, I could access an almost raw
socket read, but, I think access to that has been abstracted away)

Thanks!
PK