Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> on 2020/01/03 10:50:10 UTC

Re:[Discuss] Add new feature - shadow database

Hi Zhiyi and Yan,

Congrats to you!Your contribution and effort made this feature a great progress. I am glad to see shadow database branch merged into dev branch owing to your nearly one month’s hard work.

More enhancements like, shadow database for proxy, spring, orchestration and more integrate tests are expected to do in future.

Hope you could enjoy this journey and learn something from it.

Best wishes,
Trista

 Juan Pan (Trista)

Senior DBA & PPMC of Apache ShardingSphere(Incubating)
E-mail: panjuan@apache.org

On 12/3/2019 11:08,Zhiyi Yan<ca...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi ShardingSphere community,

We are going to add a new feature - shadow database, this feature is designed to allow dirty data to be written to the shadow database when applying the online environment for pressure measurement,  the relevant issue is :
https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/issues/3269

We want to do this through SQL parse and add router, add a tag field in sql, and according to this field, route to shadow database.

Here is a simple design,and we chose the second way.  because ThreadLocal might introduce other problems.

Comments or Suggestions on this design are welcome!

Thanks!
--

Zhiyi Yan (Zhyee)
Apache ShardingSphere

Re: [Discuss] Add new feature - shadow database

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
Well done.
We can talk about for next step which about if shadow database crashed
by stress test. Maybe circuit breaker is a good idea.

Liang Zhang (John)
Apache ShardingSphere & Dubbo

Zhiyi Yan <ca...@gmail.com> 于2020年1月6日周一 上午10:59写道:

Posted by Zhiyi Yan <ca...@gmail.com>.