Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ian stone <st...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2004/09/19 20:25:26 UTC

persistence after the request response cycle

Hi All,

In my present set up I have a servlet serving a HTML
page, the HTML page returns the form data via POST
which the same servlet saves to a MySQL database.

I'd like to extend the present setup so that after
receiving the 1st POST data, the servlet responds with
HTML page 2. HTML page 2 then returns form data via
POST to the same servlet. The servlet would then save
the accumulated responses from HTML pages 1 & 2 to the
MySQL database.

How can I get the servlet to remember or persist the
response of HTML page 1 without writing to the
database or to file.

Thanks
Ian

Re: persistence after the request response cycle

Posted by QM <qm...@brandxdev.net>.

:
: How can I get the servlet to remember or persist the
: response of HTML page 1 without writing to the
: database or to file.

Skim the servlet spec for "session," specifically, "HttpSession."

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com