Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Florence.Tan" <fl...@csiro.au> on 2010/01/19 04:40:00 UTC

Changing activemq-data dir

Hi,

I'd installed activemq 5.3 web console to Tomcat6 running on Linux.  I found
out that everytime I restart Tomcat6, all the queues in activemq will be
removed and found that activemq-data directory is created in
/tmp/tomcat6-tmp directory which will be removed everytime tomcat6 is
stopped.

Would like to find out how I can change the activemq-data directory to a
specified directory ?

FYI, this problem do not occured in Windows environment but only in Unix.

Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Florence

Re: Changing activemq-data dir

Posted by "Florence.Tan" <fl...@csiro.au>.
Hi Joe,

I'd found the file to change the location of the activemq-data dir.  It's in
my activemq web console/WEB-INF/activemq.xml.  It works just like what I
wanted it to be.  Thanks a lot for the help.

Cheers,
Florence

Posted by "Florence.Tan" <fl...@csiro.au>.
Hi Joe,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.  But I couldn't find the config file where I
can set <broker xmlns... >.  FYI, I'm using spring framework and have a bean
id as below in my web application web.xml file :
<bean id="connectionFactory"
<property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616" />
</bean>.

I have the activemq setup as web console and do not find any xml file that
consists of the <bean... tag as well.  Appreciate if you could give me some
pointer.

Thanks & Regards,
Florence

Posted by Joe Fernandez <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.