Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Maven User <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/16 19:17:37 UTC

Attach a random file to the deploy process

Hi all -

I _thought_ I had a good grasp on this, but something passed me by.

Is it possible to attach some file to the deploy process?  We have a couple
non-standard artifacts I want/need deployed to nexus as is (imagine a .doc
or .xls file).

They also can not be packaged up then the consumer process unpack them
(don't get me started).

HALP!

Re: Attach a random file to the deploy process

Posted by Maven User <ma...@gmail.com>.
Sorry - I was hijacked by the fact that we (at one point) were using nexus
pro and deploying to a staging repo so there was a missing url value.

All set - nothing to see here.

I promise to fix this with a big hammer and do things the correct way :-)

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Maven User <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ok, now getting a bit pissed.

Posted by Maven User <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ch...@emc.com.

> Well, kinda - that only allows you to adjust extension and classifier.
>
> I _know_, we're swimming up stream here a bit.
>
> I'm pulling down the code for the buildhelper - I'd like to be able to control
> final name or artifactId at least :-/

I would suggest that controlling the name of the artifact is flagrant violation of the maven way.  I just did a bunch of this work and
I used the classifier to clearly identify the purpose of the attached artifact.  Assuming your .doc file was something like "release notes", you could use a classifier of "releaseNotes".  I assume your desire to use a different name comes from other elements of your ecosystem wanting/ needing a different name . . . ?  I suggest changing those things if possible.

Posted by Maven User <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.