Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by 京东 <da...@163.com> on 2011/06/01 08:07:33 UTC

Anyway to know changed documents?

Hi everyone,
   If I have two server ,their indexes should be synchronized. I changed A's index via HTTP send document objects, Is there any config or some plug-ins to let solr know which objects are changed and can push it B ?
  Any suggestion will be appreciate.
  Thanks :)

Re: Anyway to know changed documents?

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@hoplahup.net>.
I think you should look at the indextime field.
There are examples in the wiki.

paul

Posted by Robert Petersen <ro...@buy.com>.
...and it works really well!!!  :)

> SOLR wiki will provide help on this. You might be interested in pure
Java
> based replication too. I'm not sure,whether SOLR operational will have
this
> feature(synch'ing only changed segments). You might need to change
> configuration in searchconfig.xml

Yes, this feature is there in the Java/HTTP based replication since Solr
1.4

Re: Anyway to know changed documents?

Posted by Jonathan Rochkind <ro...@jhu.edu>.

Re: Re: Anyway to know changed documents?

Posted by dangldang <da...@163.com>.
Thanks pravesh ^_^
You said  "BTW, SOLR1.4+ ,also has feature where only the changed segment gets synched".
Can you give me a document or some detail information please ? I've looked up at online documents but didn't find any information .
Thanks very much  .

If your index size if smaller (a few 100 MBs), you can consider the SOLR's
operational script tools provided with distribution to sync indexes from
Master to Slave servers. It will update(copies) the latest index snapshot
from Master to Slave(s). SOLR wiki provides good info on how to set them as
Cron, so, no manual intervention is required. BTW, SOLR1.4+ ,also has
feature where only the changed segment gets synched(but then index need not
be optimized)
.

Re: Anyway to know changed documents?

Posted by Jonathan Rochkind <ro...@jhu.edu>.
You may be interested in Solr's replication feature?
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication