Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Chatree Srichart <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/05 09:42:42 UTC

ERROR: EditCategory screen

Hi, All

I found an error in latest version. When I go to Catalog > Demo Catalog >
Demo Browse Root, I get error page like this:

org.ofbiz.widget.screen.ScreenRenderException: Error rendering screen
[component://product/widget/catalog/CategoryScreens.xml#EditCategory]:
org.ofbiz.base.util.GeneralException: Error running Groovy script at
location
[component://product/webapp/catalog/WEB-INF/actions/category/EditCategory.groovy]
(Error loading Groovy script at
[component://product/webapp/catalog/WEB-INF/actions/category/EditCategory.groovy]:
org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup
failed:
component://product/webapp/catalog/WEB-INF/actions/category/EditCategory.groovy:
45: You cannot create an instance from the abstract class
'org.ofbiz.base.util.string.FlexibleStringExpander'.
@ line 45, column 20.
filenameExpander = new FlexibleStringExpander(imageFilenameFormat);
^

1 error
(startup failed:
component://product/webapp/catalog/WEB-INF/actions/category/EditCategory.groovy:
45: You cannot create an instance from the abstract class
'org.ofbiz.base.util.string.FlexibleStringExpander'.
@ line 45, column 20.
filenameExpander = new FlexibleStringExpander(imageFilenameFormat);
^

Can any one check it?

Regards

Chatree Srichart

Re: ERROR: EditCategory screen

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
This has been addressed and fix by Abdulah Shaikh in OFBIZ-3443. He uses
FlexibleStringExpander.getInstance() for getting new instance.

Rishi Solanki
Enterprise Software Developer
HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Chatree Srichart <chatree.srichart@gmail.com

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
On line 45 change to line to;
new FlexibleStringExpander.VarElem() or new
FlexibleStringExpander.CurrElem() will fix the page rendering but not sure
which is appropriate.
Adrian can give more light on this.