Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Deepak Agarwal <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/27 12:50:07 UTC

Search should be "like '%keyword%' based or thesaurus

Hi All,

Our testing shows that if we use mysql 'like' to search over the keywords
the results takes much time due to database overhead. We are planning to
make a good list of thesaurus and use '=' operator to search over in
'where' clause.

Looking for your thoughts. Is it a good idea? or if you could share your
experience in ofbiz search system.

Deepak Agarwal,

Re: Search should be "like '%keyword%' based or thesaurus

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.
I just can support you with information about solr integration and use...I
did it and it was rel. easy and is really, really powerfull..

*1. integrate into ofbiz as standalone application*
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:Ca-IWfMMasQJ:stragure.com/Faceted%2520Searching%2520for%2520Apache%2520Ofbiz%2520E-Commerce.pdf+&hl=de&gl=de&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEEShTAdA9qFkA_gQ_tBDmhoAxIYc2nAHLuReQI9naxM1OeHCiT401OGudiSGYkojx46iVUTg3jU6Iep-Pxi_soeFZTjPqLeupopgHp7YO7Nwd09gTdMN-rpYp8eRO9VMzZcFNbA49&sig=AHIEtbRmQoEU0kXhW-n6M5_6AypYHKmZ5w&pli=1

*2. Add the fields to your schema.xml*
for the first just take like 2 fields: productID and productName for testing
purpose

*3. Integrate the jar files from solr for solrj (java api for solr)*

*4. Write java methods to get needed data from entities (productId and
productName) and send to solr for indexing (solrj api)*

*5. test solr with a query like "q=productId:yourproductId" and check if you
get results*

--> That is the main thing for integration. After that you can get more data
you need from entities and add the corresponding fields to schema.xml

the last thing is just how to handle the results or queries in your
ecommerce application. I use for it jquery, ajax and javascript to make
direct solr requests without reloading the whole page (for product filter
and search-suggest-function)

for details ask here when you did a few steps

Re: Search should be "like '%keyword%' based or thesaurus

Posted by Deepak Agarwal <da...@gmail.com>.
Yes. ecommerce. and unfortunately I can not go for SOLR immediately and I
need to make sure that current search of ofbiz works for me.

However, I am still curious to know feedback about solr and how to
implement that (bigfish we can use if required)

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.