Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Patai Sangbutsarakum <si...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/02 19:59:25 UTC

Linux io scheduler

Hello Hadoopers,

Is anyone ever play linux io scheduler configuration in worker nodes?
default for centos is cfq, there are 3 more to choose from.
I wonder if we can play with those scheduler, probably we might get better
performance ?

hope this make sense.
Patai

Re: Linux io scheduler

Posted by Patai Sangbutsarakum <si...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Chris for response, I would love to try out. What would be the
metric(s) that we will be use to measure if we improve thing.?

Re: Linux io scheduler

Posted by Patai Sangbutsarakum <si...@gmail.com>.

Re: Linux io scheduler

Posted by Patai Sangbutsarakum <si...@gmail.com>.