Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by meltem <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2007/01/23 16:25:41 UTC

eclipse cygwin and xerces-c help wanted

hi
I'm new to this forum. I have a really important problem. I'm using eclipse
as my IDE and cygwin's gcc 3.4.4 as compiler. I download and install xerces
from apache by my cygwin. but I can't link xerces libraries with eclipse.
when i want to run one of apache xerces sample SAXCount, it doesn't give any
syntax or another error but it does not see main class and gives a red point
on project directory.   Please someone can tell me about runnig this xerces
examples on eclipse with eclipse compiling..

thanks.. :)

Re: eclipse cygwin and xerces-c help wanted

Posted by 4p...@sneakemail.com.
Did you try to link it directly from the command line?

After compiling all the .cpp to .o object files, something like

g++ *.o -o SAXCount.exe -lxerces-c

should do the trick.

However, if you still have problems with Eclipse, you should ask for
advice there.

Cheers,

Uwe