Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Campano, Troy" <Tr...@LibertyMutual.com> on 2008/04/30 22:15:49 UTC

javac: target release 1.3 conflicts with default source release 1.5

I have this defined in my pom.xml:

<build>
<pluginManagement>
       <plugins>
			<plugin>

			   <configuration>
			      <source>1.3</source>
			      <target>1.3</target>
			      <compilerVersion>1.3</compilerVersion>

<executable>${JAVA_1_3_HOME}/bin/javac</executable>
			   </configuration>
			</plugin>

But when I run "mvn compile" I get this error:

--------------------
Failure executing javac, but could not parse the error:
javac: target release 1.3 conflicts with default source release 1.5

It seems to work if I leave my underlying compiler 1.3 but change the
source, target, compilerVersion parameters set to 1.4.

It seems like it may be related to this issue:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/geronimo-dev/200702.mbox/%3CB84
F84AC-D379-466E-9F7F-3D38731B95E8@visi.com%3E

Has anyone seen this before? Is this a bug?

Thank you,

~ T r o y ~