Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christian Endres <Ch...@mni.fh-giessen.de> on 2002/02/11 09:25:37 UTC

Configuration Tomcat 4.0.1 for developing JSPs

Hello,

for a project we are using JSPs. For developing we are working with
JBuilder5 Enterprise under Windows 2000. The running Tomcat version is
4.0.1. So far everything works fine.
The problem we have is following:
When we are testing the JSPs Tomcat is compiling them correctly an we
can look at them in the browsers (Netscape 4.7x, Netscape 6 IE 5 and 6).
But when we are making changes in the JSPs Tomcat doesn't recognize the
changes and only shows the JSPs earlier compiled. When we delete Tomcats
cache directory and restart Tomcat the newer JSPs will be compiled and
everything is fine again.
Now we would like to know if there is a possibility to tell Tomcat to
check the JSPs for changes or do we always have to delete the cache and
restart Tomcat?

Best regards
Christian

Re: Configuration Tomcat 4.0.1 for developing JSPs

Posted by tarunjava <ta...@yahoo.com>.
the application in which u are making the changes should have the attribute
regarding  autoReloading true. This change in made at the place where the
application is configures i.e. in server.xml file.,
bye
tarun