Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Shrinand Javadekar <sh...@maginatics.com> on 2014/08/06 02:34:07 UTC

Adding support for the openstack-swift provider to jclouds-cli/karaf

Folks,

I'm trying to add support for the new openstack-swift provider to
jclouds-cli/karaf. I don't understand much of how karaf is structured
and how it works. I simply followed what was done when support was
added for DigitalOcean and tried to do the same.

However that fails during compilation itself. Here's the change I was
testing with.

https://gist.github.com/shrinandj/8045d71358c7123c019a

This fails with the following error.

<error>
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StackOverflowError
    at java.util.ArrayList.subList(ArrayList.java:914)
    at java.lang.String.split(String.java:2311)
    at java.lang.String.split(String.java:2355)
    at org.apache.karaf.tooling.features.AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.addFeatures(AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.java:299)
    at org.apache.karaf.tooling.features.AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.addFeatures(AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.java:321)
    at org.apache.karaf.tooling.features.AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.addFeatures(AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.java:321)
    at org.apache.karaf.tooling.features.AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.addFeatures(AddFeaturesToRepoMojo.java:321)
</error>

Any ideas how I can make progress here?

-Shri

Re: Adding support for the openstack-swift provider to jclouds-cli/karaf

Posted by Chris Custine <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shri,
You are accidentally including the feature itself recursively.  The line:

<feature version='${project.version}'>jclouds-openstack-swift</feature>

is like an include for another feature so it is recursing that feature.  That is actually a bug in the karaf features maven plugin, I’ll see about catching this case and stopping the recursion.

You want:
<feature version='${project.version}'>jclouds-compute</feature>

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Custine