Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Janarthanan, Prasanna" <Pr...@deshaw.com> on 2002/04/05 10:44:53 UTC

doubt while load testing

hi,

i have seen a problem with apache, whats happening is..
when iam testing my web site which uses apache webserver, the httpd command
running in the server is spaning more and more as i increase the concurrent
connections in my load test. Iam able to see this using Top command in unix.
Why this is happening and is there any way to cut down this to standrad
number of httpds ?

thanks
prassana

Re: doubt while load testing

Posted by Owen Boyle <ob...@bourse.ch>.
"Janarthanan, Prasanna" wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have seen a problem with apache, whats happening is..
> when iam testing my web site which uses apache webserver, the httpd command
> running in the server is spaning more and more as i increase the concurrent
> connections in my load test. Iam able to see this using Top command in unix.
> Why this is happening and is there any way to cut down this to standrad
> number of httpds ?

It is supposed to do this. What do you mean by "standrad" - the maximum
number of httpd daemons is controlled by the MaxClients directive. This
is set to 256 by default. Check all the Max* directives in the docs..

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.