Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Munish Talwar <Mu...@tecsys.com> on 2001/03/08 21:02:42 UTC

How to use Xerces in Visual age 3.5

Hi,

Can anybody help me setting up my Visual age environment.  I am using Visual
Age 3.5.  I am not able to import Xerces 1.3.0 at all I have tried so many
times.  Is their anybody using xerces in visualage

thanks in advance
MT

Re: How to use Xerces in Visual age 3.5

Posted by Steffen <Gl...@gmx.net>.
Munish Talwar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anybody help me setting up my Visual age environment.  I am using Visual
> Age 3.5.  I am not able to import Xerces 1.3.0 at all I have tried so many
> times.  Is their anybody using xerces in visualage
>
> thanks in advance
> MT

I successfully imported the 1.3.0 source into Visual Age for Java 3.5
Professional Entry Edition
into a new Project.
I just created a new Project and imported the Directory.

There are some Warnings, about deprecation as far as i can remember.
And there was 1 Error in 1 Class, but that was no showstopper so far.

So it works, but i cant tell you about any special things i did.

Gruss
Steffen

Re: How to use Xerces in Visual age 3.5

Posted by fred <fy...@nbnet.nb.ca>.
I was unable to import the binaries into VAJ 3.5. By a long process of
importing packages 1 at a time, I discovered that a few classes (I cannot
rememebr which ones - somewhere in org.apache.xerces.utils I think) were
rejected by VAJ, which then stopped processing the whole jar, and gave no
feedback as to what died.

I was able to successfully import the sources however, and am working from
those.

cheers
Fred Yeomans