Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Vjeran Marcinko <vj...@tis.hr> on 2004/08/17 13:24:41 UTC

[DBCP] Database pool blocked

Hi.

I'm using PerUserPoolDataSource (GenericObjectPool internally) since
SharedPoolDataSource has some bugs. Anyway, my application running on
Solaris gets stucked with number of database connections reaching pool
limit. connection.close() is always called after using it.

I'm using testOnBorrow feature and maxWait = 6000. Should this maxWait be
larger ?
I can see this object eviction feature, but dunno should I turn it on ? What
parameters should I tipicaly use for it ?

Regards,
Vjeran

*****************
Tis.kis d.o.o
Heinzelova 33
10000 Zagreb, CROATIA
Phone: +385 91 2392624

Re: [DBCP] Database pool blocked

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
Hi,

If you have a testcase for your SharedPoolDataSource, I can take a
look at it.
You should indeed verify if connection.close() is called every time
(even if an SQLException or other error occurs)
One possibility is to turn on the "abandoned" feature to log & remove
lost connection (to find the leak).

maxWait = the time the pool will wait for a free connection
         = the time your program will wait for a free connection
         = the time the end-user has to wait for a response

So 6000 is reasonable, depends a bit on the kind of users you have.

See next mail for eviction

-- Dirk