Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Piroumian Konstantin <KP...@protek.com> on 2002/07/05 14:38:06 UTC

RE: Ref. : Re: Ref. : Re: cocoon jaxme transformer! (Othman Hadda d)

Exactly the opposite: it takes your JavaBeans and generate SAX events from
them.

The best way to learn how one thing is implemented is to look at the source
code. CastorTransformer's source is not complicated, so if look at it you'll
find this in comments:
/* ... forward the Castor SAX events to Cocoon 2 Events */

Konstantin

De : cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Date : vendredi 05 juillet 2002 13:38:36
A : cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Sujet : Re: Réf. : Re: cocoon jaxme transformer! (Othman Haddad)

Hi,
I'd be very interested to start using this new transformer in our projects,
as we are using Castor XML already in various places.
Knowing how Castor XML works in terms of (un)marshalling, can somebody
please confirm that the CastorTransformer would convert the XML created by
Castor to SAX events using an XML parser ?
It's not that I am particularly concerned about speed as most of our
documents would be sufficiently small, but I'd love to understand how this
has been implemented.
Thanks
Werner
Othman Haddad wrote:
hi,the documentation of CastorTransformer you can find it in the sources of
Cocoon2.02 in the repository:cocoon-2.0.2\srcINCREDI_LINK_PLACEHOLDER_1310le
because i find that they can be more useful than the
> castor ones..
> so my question is: is there any cocoon-jaxme user
> there, and is it possible to write and use a kind of
> jaxmeTransformer in cocoon2?
I have worked with Cocoon in the past and really like it.
A marriage of Cocoon and JaxMe seems very promising, as
both are dedicated to SAX, for performance reasons.
Unfortunately you do not add any hints what the CastorTransformer
precisely is and a quick search through Altavista didn't give
me a clue. May be you should explain a little bit more?

Regards,
Jochen

.

Getting CVS latest and greatest from behind a firewall (was Re: cocoon jaxme transformer!)

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Werner Guttmann wrote:
> Thanks. Now, having said that, I am behind a firewall, iow getting the latest
> code from CVS is not an option, and our download puts some further restriction
> on me ... well, seems like I'll have to have a look at the source then .. ;-).

Try http://sourceforge.net/projects/cvsgrab/ to grab the CVS content
through viewcvs, and tell us if it works.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: Ref. : Re: Ref. : Re: cocoon jaxme transformer! (Othman Haddad)

Posted by Werner Guttmann <We...@morganstanley.com>.
Thanks. Now, having said that, I am behind a firewall, iow getting the latest
code from CVS is not an option, and our download puts some further restriction
on me ... well, seems like I'll have to have a look at the source then .. ;-).
As an aside, it seems to have escaped me that Castor XML is capable of
generating SAX events. Well, so far about alledgedly knowing a package ...

Werner