Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by "丁小冬(比古)" <dx...@antfin.com.INVALID> on 2020/06/12 05:07:58 UTC

Why migrate from Maven to Gradle

Hi, Calcite developers

I would like to build calcite with Maven, but now calcite only support gradle build. I have three questions:
1. Is there any reason that Calcite had to migrate from maven to gradle?
2. If I still insist on using maven to build calcite, is there any risk?
3. If I want to migrate from gradle back to maven, is there any quick and correct method to do this?

thank you for your attention, this is really important to me, looking forward to your reply

Great thanks
Winter Ding

Re: Why migrate from Maven to Gradle

Posted by Rui Wang <am...@apache.org>.
>2. If I still insist on using maven to build calcite, is there any risk?
>3. If I want to migrate from gradle back to maven, is there any quick and
correct method to do this?

Calcite should have dropped Maven support. So if you want to use
Maven somehow, it 1) won't be in Calcite repo 2) you might work it around
in your own fork.

Additional question: why do you want to migrate back to Maven?

-Rui

Posted by Rui Wang <am...@apache.org>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il Mar 16 Giu 2020, 05:31 Haisheng Yuan <hy...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> Hi Zoltan,
>
> > For example I use NetBeans, and things just work with maven.

Hi
If you use NetBeans 11.3+ you can open Calcite again. Better 12.0

Enrico

Have you tried intellij? It works fine with Gradle. And it is free.

Posted by Haisheng Yuan <hy...@apache.org>.
Hi Zoltan,

Posted by Zoltan Farkas <zo...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Vladimir,

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Danny Chan <yu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, are there some building functionalities that grade can do but maven can not ? Gradle is not that user friendly for new uses but I works well, it has better flexibility than maven with many custom plugins.

Best,
Danny Chan
在 2020年6月13日 +0800 AM1:31,丁小冬(比古) <dx...@antfin.com.invalid>,写道: