Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com> on 2013/04/08 18:56:46 UTC

New issue tracker user registrations

We've had a lot of registrations on the issue tracker recently, and you may
recall that those users done have permissions to create, edit or comment on
anything by default.

I've done my best to establish which ones were genuine registrations (as
opposed to bots) and added those 11 users to the editor_group today (which
gives them those permissions). To follow up I've sent them the email you
see copied below to encourage them to contribute now that they can.

All their email addresses were bcc'ed for privacy reasons, but their
usernames are public (from the commits@ mailing list showing that they
signed up) so you can find them below:

otto, miron, marcomangiante, mhcox, leefay, mobigate, alek6cu, alvabai,
dconnell, habakuk, peterkur

Lets welcome them with open arms :)

(Oh and do speak up if a spambot got through!)

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.
On 08.04.2013 18:56, Joachim Dreimann wrote:
> We've had a lot of registrations on the issue tracker recently, and you may
> recall that those users done have permissions to create, edit or comment on
> anything by default.
>
> I've done my best to establish which ones were genuine registrations (as
> opposed to bots) and added those 11 users to the editor_group today (which
> gives them those permissions). To follow up I've sent them the email you
> see copied below to encourage them to contribute now that they can.

Do we have to add a captcha on the registration page? As a bit of a
stopgap measure.

-- Brane

--
Branko Čibej

Re: New issue tracker user registrations

Posted by Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.
On 8 April 2013 18:45, Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/8/13, Joachim Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> >
> [...]
> >
> > All their email addresses were bcc'ed for privacy reasons, but their
> > usernames are public (from the commits@ mailing list showing that they
> > signed up) so you can find them below:
> >
> > otto, miron, marcomangiante, mhcox, leefay, mobigate, alek6cu, alvabai,
> > dconnell, habakuk, peterkur
> >
> > Lets welcome them with open arms :)
> >

> Thanks very much for this ... I've been waiting for this to happen
> since some time ago . We should be looking forward to make it easier
> for new users to participate
> :)
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Olemis.

I agree. I would like to give the editor_group permissions to new signups
with validated email addresses by default.

Currently I don't see evidence that we need a captcha. There just isn't the
volume to justify it.

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.