Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Michal Krajňanský <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/03 17:05:53 UTC

Solr slow startup

Dear All,

Sorry for the possibly newbie question as I have only recently started
experimenting with Solr and Solrcloud.

I am trying to import an index originally created with Lucene 2.x so Solr
4.10. What I did was:

1. upgrade index to version 3.x with IndexUpgrader
2. upgrade index to version 4.x with IndexUpgrader
3. created schema for Solr and used the default solrconfig (with some paths
changes)
4. succesfully started Solr

The sizes I am speaking about are in tens of gigabytes and the startup
times are 5~10 minutes.

I have read here:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCMQFjAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwiki.apache.org%2Fsolr%2FSolrPerformanceProblems&ei=AKNXVL7ULbGR7Abp7IDYCA&usg=AFQjCNEtw2Zma8ST3JLGL3xw6nG2G_0YuA&sig2=HmM8R1VYuVtXv8lQHsHPJQ&bvm=bv.78597519,bs.1,d.dGY&cad=rja
that it has possibly something to do with the updateHandler and enabled the
autoCommit as suggested, however with no improvement.

Such a long startup time feels odd when Lucene itself seems to load the
same indexes in no time.

I would very much appreciate any help with this issue.

Best,

Michal Krajnansky

Re: Solr slow startup

Posted by Michal Krajňanský <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hey Yonik,

That (getting rid of the suggester) solved the issue! You saved me a lot of
time and nerves.

Best,

Michal

Re: Solr slow startup