Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <bp...@f2network.com.au> on 2003/06/07 06:03:06 UTC

getting involved again

Hi,

Now that I have a bit more time on my hands again, I'd like to get involved
in improving Maven (last time I said that it promptly disappeared of
course!)

I'm just wondering if there are any particular areas I could focus on, or
any reading I can do about maven-new. I've been working through a few things
on JIRA, but a lot I can't replicate, can't fix without making significant
changes, or are likely to disappear just due to the maven-new structure.

For now I'm just going to try and fix the things that affect me when I use
maven to build my "real" work - but with any luck that will run out soon ;)

Thanks,
Brett

Re: getting involved again

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.
Ok, I'll take a look.

Thanks for the patches, I'll be reviewing and applying them tonight.

Cheers,

Ben

Re: getting involved again

Posted by Brett Porter <bp...@f2network.com.au>.

Re: getting involved again

Posted by Ben Walding <de...@walding.com>.
Here are some easy things to do that we are too lazy to do. I'm also
wary of allocating anything that would be redone in maven-new. No point
reinventing the wheel.

MAVEN-419 - Perhaps a migration to the new tigris style might be in
order as well style.tigris.org / styles.tigris.org
MAVEN-159 - Not sure what this is about, but pretty simple and
self-contained
MAVEN-396 - Someone with a pint of XSL skills could fix the hack I did here
MAVEN-395 - Will probably clash with maven-new
MAVEN-391 - XSL / JSL

MAVEN-386 Work out a good way to get & into navigation and xdoc pages
MAVEN-367 Might be simple, looks like some kind of transformation problem
MAVEN-272 Velocity hack

That'll keep you busy

If it turns out that they are already fixed, let me know so I can close
them.