Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by rossasaurus <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/31 09:51:18 UTC

Re: Users - Running in Java 5

Hi Doug,
To clarify, with OS X you can have Java 1.5 installed, as it is in OS X
10.4.5 or later, but you must also have version 1.4 installed.
in 10.4.5 or later, go to /Utilities/Java/JRTE 5.0 and run the Java
Preferences App. It'll show which versions you have installed.
>From what I understand, the correct version is automatically called.
So if it shows 1.4.2, for instance, that's all you need.

Ross

Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> no you cannot still run OFBiz with Java 1.5
> You can simply edit the JAVA_HOME path in the startofbiz.sh file.
>
> Jacopo
>
> Doug Hall wrote:
>> The documentation has stated to run OFBiz in Java 1.4_2, but the latest
>> Java download for Mac OS X moved JAVA_HOME to Java 1.5. I am having
>> problems starting tha app, but I have no idea how to track down the
>> problem. Can anyone confirm that this will not run under the 1.5 JVM,
>> and if so, how do I run it under 1.4_2?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Doug Hall

Sent from the OFBiz - User forum at Nabble.com.