Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Padmashree Ravindra <pa...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/03 23:30:26 UTC

Error using explain and illustrate

Hi,

When I am trying to use the "explain" command, I am getting an error
ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser - java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.io.IOException: Serialization error:
org.apache.pig.impl.util.LineageTracer

The logical plan is getting displayed but while displaying the physical
plan, this exception occurs.

I am also getting an error while using "illustrate". The error is:
ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.GruntParser - java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.pig.data.Tuple cannot be cast to org.apache.pig.data.ExampleTuple

Pig Version - Pig 0.1.1
Hadoop Version - Hadoop 0.18.3

Could someone suggest what the issue could be?

Regards,
Padmashree