Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> on 2007/06/01 08:35:59 UTC

Re: svn commit: r542835 - in /webservices/axis2/trunk/java/modules: integration/test/org/apache/axis2/integration/ kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/deployment/ kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/deployment/repository/util/ kernel/src/org/apache/axis2/deployment/util/

Hi Glen

gdaniels@apache.org wrote:
> Author: gdaniels
> Date: Wed May 30 08:09:49 2007
> New Revision: 542835

> Log:
> * Respect name attribute in module.xml

If we do so we will have issues with module version support , say for an
instance that some one deploy two modules with the same module name
attribute. So I do not think that we need to consider the name attribute
as the module name and rather we should do what we are doing at the moment.
> * Invert sense of if statement in Utils.getClassLoader to clean up code

+1
> * Little cleanups (remove redundant null initializers etc)

+1
> * Start of work on rationalizing modules on the classpath

No need , we have working code.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Glen, can you remove the code you put into respect module @name? That
causes problem with versioning as Deepal points out below and the simpler
solution is to drop @name.

SAnjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Deepal Jayasinghe wrote:
> Hi Glen
>
> gdaniels@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: gdaniels
>> Date: Wed May 30 08:09:49 2007
>> New Revision: 542835

>> Log:
>> * Respect name attribute in module.xml
>>
> If we do so we will have issues with module version support , say for an
> instance that some one deploy two modules with the same module name
> attribute. So I do not think that we need to consider the name attribute
> as the module name and rather we should do what we are doing at the moment.

Can we not just remove @name?

Sanjiva.
--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.