Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Krish <kr...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/04 12:57:00 UTC

Run mesos slave on coreos

Hi,
I am trying to run mesos slave in a docker container on coreos and am stuck
at libsasl2 dependency.
When I run an aurora job on it, I get this stacktrace in the sandbox stderr:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "apache/aurora/executor/bin/thermos_executor_main.py", line 45, in
<module>
    from mesos.native import MesosExecutorDriver
  File
"/root/.pex/install/mesos.native-0.24.1-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg.c2a926cdb8d599d35c7a569171311edaebda9341/mesos.native-0.24.1-py2.7-linux-x86_64.egg/mesos/native/__init__.py",
line 17, in <module>
    from ._mesos import MesosExecutorDriverImpl
ImportError: libsasl2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

Any help on how to get this dependency satisfied?
I tried installing libsasl2-dev inside the slave container. I am exposing
the coreOS host docker socket to the slave for running this.

Also, I just stumbled upon this link by Alex from Mesosphere, where he
mentions that one can run mesos-slave natively on coreos.
Ref:
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/mesos-user/201503.mbox/%3CCACzFoUvRqNsVXVOFXnPzNM-QFu31BTTQaLTBGNcTtd=-OpcH-w@mail.gmail.com%3E

Has anyone done that? Is there a document or can I get guidance as to how
to get it done?
Which would be the recommended method - run slave as a container or
natively in such a case?

Thanks.

--
κρισhναν

Re: Run mesos slave on coreos

Posted by Krish <kr...@gmail.com>.
I hit this bug now: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-3553
Even though I am exporting the LIBPROCESS_IP, my task fails the DNS
resolution and bails out.
Any chance this will be ported to 0.24.1?
In the meantime, any workarounds for this?

--
κρισhναν

Re: Run mesos slave on coreos

Posted by Krish <kr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Run mesos slave on coreos

Posted by "Erb, Stephan" <St...@blue-yonder.com>.

Re: Run mesos slave on coreos

Posted by "Taylor, Graham" <gr...@capgemini.com>.
Check this out https://github.com/Capgemini/Apollo/blob/devel/roles/mesos/templates/mesos-slave.service.j2

We run our stack on CoreOS.

Thanks,
Graham.

On 4 Mar 2016, at 12:00, Krish <kr...@gmail.com>> wrote:

[...]

Capgemini is a trading name used by the Capgemini Group of companies which includes Capgemini UK plc, a company registered in England and Wales (number 943935) whose registered office is at No. 1, Forge End, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6DB.