Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Paul Smith <Pa...@lawlex.com.au> on 2003/06/18 09:45:12 UTC

Chainsaw V2 - Screenshot

[Unfortunately logj-user list has a 100k limit, so i've had to turn the
screen shot into a link on the Wiki]

In a reasonably desperate attempt to gather feedback from the Log4j
community, I am providing a link to a screenshot of the current build of
Chainsaw v2 in action that can be accessed from the jakarta-log4j-sandbox.

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?Log4JProjectPages/Log4jv13Featu
res

[scroll down to the bottom, there is a link to click on to view the image
(the above is a shorter URL)]

You will see a number of the new visual changes  that have been made in the
new version (but by no means all of them!).

I'm hoping that this screenshot may encourage anyone that has used the
(excellent) original Chainsaw, and anyone who has never heard of Chainsaw,
to try this new version out and assist us in quality control.  Scott Deboy
(the developer who kicked this new version off) and I use this version every
single day in our own work environments so it's very stable.

I will go out of my way to make it as easy on anyone as possible, feel free
to email questions, problems etc.  I can help anyone walk through getting
the module checked out of CVS, and the configuration files setup for your
needs.

regards,

Paul Smith

[Thanks to Olivier Vierlinck for the great idea of putting the link to the
image from the Wiki]