Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Miroslav Smiljanic <sm...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/12 13:56:54 UTC

ObservationDispatcher - dispatch queued events in separate threads

Hi all,

I was wondering what would be argument not to distribute queued events in
"ObservationManager"  in separate threads.
I mean after reading queued action, use thread from pool to
serve EventConsumer.consumeEvents(action.getEventStates());

I saw the case where one of the listeners was taking to much time to finis
his operation letting all other to wait.

Can someone give me light here? Thanks.

--
Best regards,
Miroslav

Re: ObservationDispatcher - dispatch queued events in separate threads

Posted by Miroslav Smiljanic <sm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marcel,

This part [1] from the specification makes me thinking that in general
there should not be dependencies between listeners because "order of events
within a bundle and the order of event bundles is not guaranteed"

[1] http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/12_Observation.html#12.4.1 Event
Ordering

Regards,
Miroslav