Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/23 20:58:41 UTC

Impala

Hi all,
I do realize adding Impala to bigtop distribution has been discussed
multiple times. However, I believe the circumstances with Cloudera
ownership and demand for impala has changed enough to revisit this issue
once again.  would appreciate hearing your thoughts on this..

Re: Impala

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
I agree, with Impala in incubation at the Foundation and *if* there is
someone willing to step up and make the contribution of all of the
necessary Bigtop bits, by all means we should review the patch and consider
inclusion.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Impala

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
I am curious: what are customers asking for that can't be covered
by either Hive (Java/Hadoop ecosystem) or something like HAWQ
(native/PostgreSQL ecosystem) ?

Could you please elaborate on use cases and the decision making
process?

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Impala

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.
I respect your opinion Cos. Since I believe in phrase "put your money where
your mouth is", I volunteer to take a snap at it, as long as someone
willing to mentor this old man :)

Re: Impala

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: Impala