Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Stanislav Jordanov <st...@sirma.bg> on 2005/08/03 13:37:07 UTC

hot swapping searchers

A Hits object holds a reference to a Searcher and uses it to retrieve
docs not in the cache list.
Is it ok if I modify the Hits object in a way that it may have its
searcher replaced,
i.e. introduce a:
*setSearcher(Searcher s) { this.searcher = s; }*
method and invoke it (syncronously) between invokations of *doc(n)*

Re: hot swapping searchers

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Stanislav,

Try it, but I think it won't work if document IDs don't match in the
old and new Index(Searcher).

Otis

Simpy -- http://www.simpy.com/ -- Find it. Tag it. Share it.