Posted to user@spark.apache.org by innowireless TaeYun Kim <ta...@innowireless.co.kr> on 2014/07/09 07:11:59 UTC

Kryo is slower, and the size saving is minimal

Hi,

For my test case, using Kryo serializer does not help.

It is slower than default Java serializer, and the size saving is minimal.

I've registered almost all classes to the Kryo registrator.

What is happening to my test case?

Have Anyone experienced a case like this?

RE: Kryo is slower, and the size saving is minimal

Posted by innowireless TaeYun Kim <ta...@innowireless.co.kr>.
Thank you for your response.

Maybe that applies to my case.
In my test case, The types of almost all of the data are either primitive
types, joda DateTime, or String.
But I'm somewhat disappointed with the speed.
At least it should not be slower than Java default serializer...

i'am not familiar with kryo and my opinion may be not right. in my case,
kryo only saves about 5% of the original size when dealing with primitive
types such as Arrays. i'am not sure whether it is the common case.

Re: Kryo is slower, and the size saving is minimal

Posted by wxhsdp <wx...@gmail.com>.