Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> on 2022/03/27 17:35:55 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Tips for improving productivity, workflow in the Hadoop project?

Hi all,

Let me try to disable the pre-commit job in JIRA:
In the past discussion, I agreed with Masatake. Let's use JIRA for
background and design discussion, and GitHub PR for code review.

> My concern is that still leaves multiple places to look in order to get a
full picture of an issue.

I think it is inevitable. Now I think most of the contributors want to
review patches in GitHub instead of JIRA.
When getting a full picture, I recommend checking JIRA first. JIRA issue
has some auto-generated links to the corresponding GitHub PRs.
FYI, all the comments in the GitHub PRs are duplicated to the "Work Log" in
the JIRA.

Thanks,
Akira