Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by VIGNESH S <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/17 13:55:22 UTC

Lucene deleteDocuments(Term)not working in android working in desktop..

Hi ,

I tried Lucene 3.6 in both desktop and android and deleteDocuments is
working fine.

I tried Lucene Version 4.3 code in Desktop and android.In Desktop it is
deleting the index files without any problem.

In android,I changed the following files to avoid jar problem.
{Codec.java,DocValuesFormat.java,PostingsFormat.java}

private final static Lucene42Codec _codec = new Lucene42Codec();

  public static Codec forName(String name) {
        return _codec;
    }

 private final static Lucene42DocValuesFormat _format = new
Lucene42DocValuesFormat();

  public static DocValuesFormat forName(String name) {
      return _format;
  }

private final static Lucene41PostingsFormat _format = new
Lucene41PostingsFormat();

  public static PostingsFormat forName(String name) {
      return _format;
  }

Please Kindly Help.

--
Thanks and Regards
Vignesh Srinivasan

RE: Lucene deleteDocuments(Term)not working in android working in desktop..

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
If you are creating so-called Uber JARS (JAR files that contain multiple JAR files merged together), you must use a tool like Maven Shade plugin, to merge and add META-INF/services files to the uber jar. An APK is also some type of "uber jar".

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
Posted by VIGNESH S <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Uwe,

Thanks for the Suggestion.The same code iam using in desktop too not jars.

DeleteIndex is working in desktop not  in Android.

please kindly suggest or help..

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> wrote:

> You have to ship the APK with all files in the META-INF folder of Lucene's
> JAR files (merged together if there are multiple files with same name).
> Those must be also available in the APK in the sub-folder META-INF. You can
> use the Maven Shade Plugin to do this (not sure how to use that with
> apkbuilder).
>
> Uwe
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> http://www.thetaphi.de

Thanks and Regards
Vignesh Srinivasan
9739135640

RE: Lucene deleteDocuments(Term)not working in android working in desktop..

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.