Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2007/01/13 01:25:18 UTC

Board Report Draft - Please Review ASAP

Hey all,

I need to get this sent of right away (this evening preferably) in
order to give board members plenty of time to review it before the
board meeting next Wednesday.

This is our first report to the board, so there is a lot in it, and
to make things more interesting I'm not totally sure about how it's
all supposed to work!

Anyway, an initial draft is on docs.ofbiz.org here:

http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/-wM

I would appreciate any comments or feedback anyone might have.

For those following OFBiz, this is also an interesting resource to
keep up with what is happening (or has happened) in the project.

-David

Re: Board Report Draft - Please Review ASAP

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Jan 13, 2007, at 5:45 PM, David E. Jones wrote:

> On Jan 13, 2007, at 2:30 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>> Mmm... I did not thought about that...
>>
>> To ease reflexion/discussion a quote :
>>
>> "Release branches will be created approximately once per year;
>> these will represent a new minor version number, and in cases of
>> major and/or non-backward compatible changes a major version number"
>>
>> We may use the same acronym than Ubuntu (LTS or our own brand ;o)
>> to characterize major and/or non-backward compatible changes in
>> branches names ?
>
> Isn't that a bit backwards? The point of "LTS" is a promise for the
> future. A major revision number representing major and/or non-
> backward compatible changes refers to something that has happened
> in the past, since the last release branch.

Finishing my thought... we could use some sort of acronym or tag line
for major new releases, even if LTS doesn't make as much sense. Of
course, if we get to a point where we really like how OFBiz behaves
out of the box, then we might want to do a LTS-style release.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.