Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Rolf Kamp <yr...@yahoo.com> on 2008/02/27 19:27:43 UTC

[users@httpd] Cookies in Apache

I am running apache 2.2.4 on Red Hat. I need to set 2 cookies, then redirect the request. The redirect is working, but the cookies are not being set. In order to debug this, I wrote a simple Perl CGI that sets 2 cookies, then redirects to another Perl CGI on the same server which reads all cookies.
Here is the CGI that sets the cookies and performs the redirect (note: domain name changed to protect the innocent)

  my $query = new CGI;
my $cookie1 = cookie( -name => 'ID',
                      -value => "11498",
                      -domain => "xxx.com",
                      -path => '/');
my $cookie2 = cookie( -name => 'User',
                      -value => "rec",
                      -domain => "xxx.com",
                      -path => '/');
$request_uri="http://c295.xxx.com/cgi-bin/ReadCookies";
print $query->header(-cookie=> [$cookie1, $cookie2]);
print "<HTML><HEADER><META HTTP-EQUIV='refresh' CONTENT='0;URL=$request_uri'>";

  The redirect occurs and this CGI reads all cookies, but the 2 cookies set above are never found:

  open(LOG, ">/tmp/logfile");
%cookies = fetch CGI::Cookie;
foreach $c (keys(%cookies)) {
  print LOG "$cookies{$c}\n";
}
print LOG "Cookies printed\n";
close LOG;

---------------------------------

Re: [users@httpd] Cookies in Apache

Posted by Nils Jeppe <ni...@pandemonium.de>.
Hi Rolf,

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Rolf Kamp wrote:

> I am running apache 2.2.4 on Red Hat. I need to set 2 cookies, then
> redirect the request. The redirect is working, but the cookies are not
> being set. In order to debug this, I wrote a simple Perl CGI that sets 2

Don't have an immediate solution, and really do not want to debug your cgi
(I am perl-illiterate) :p But: Did you check whether the set cookie
headers actually arrive on the client side? If not: Are you behind a
reverse proxy with ProxyErrorOverride set?

Best wishes
Nils