Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/15 18:23:14 UTC

Releasing to someone else's maven repo ...

Folks,

Please push snapshots and releases to repository.apache.org. If you
don't have karma, open an infra ticket to get it.

--benson

Re: Releasing to someone else's maven repo ...

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 1:16 PM, Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, but isn't that exactly what we are doing?
>
> Our problem is that OpenNLP depends on jwnl which
> is located in a repository hosted over at SourceForge.
> SF doesn't like the high traffic we generate and once in a while
> we hit a quota which makes the download of the jwnl dependency
> fail.
>
> Is it possible to push jwnl into repository.apache.org?

If i has an apache-compatible license, and if you want to republish
under an apache groupId, yes.

However, there's a better way. Push it to Central! look at

https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide

That would allow you to push them to central.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 2:54 PM, Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/15/11 8:34 PM, Aliaksandr Autayeu wrote:
>>
>> Can't miss the moment: or move to extJWNL and move it to Apache :)))
>>

> It would be nice to have some kind of word net support which
> works with more languages and can be integrated into our
> model packages.
>
> Is it be possible to move the extJWNL code over here? I guess
> it would be a good basis. There might legal issues because it
> is a fork of JWNL.

They would have to voluntarily contribute it.

Posted by Aliaksandr Autayeu <al...@autayeu.com>.
> On 12/15/11 8:34 PM, Aliaksandr Autayeu wrote:
>
>> Can't miss the moment: or move to extJWNL and move it to Apache :)))
>>

> It would be nice to have some kind of word net support which
> works with more languages and can be integrated into our
> model packages.

extJWNL supports WordNets in other languages as well. One at a time,
though. I've introduced and tested this for Italian in UTF-8 using
MultiWordNet, extJWNL supports the "encoding" parameter. The problem is
usually with getting the data ;) Often non-English WordNets have obscure
licenses. And converting it into proper format, from often used proprietary
one, often also with extensions. But that's another issue.

Is it be possible to move the extJWNL code over here? I guess

I think yes. But I'm afraid it is not an active project with a long and
clear roadmap and bright future, simply because WordNet is frozen too. And
there is only one developer, not really a community. That does not seem to
be the Apache-way.

> it would be a good basis. There might legal issues because it
> is a fork of JWNL.

Yes, it is a fork. I'm not a lawyer, but as far as I know, JWNL has a BSD
license, quite a permissive one.

Still, touching JWNL brings us back to coref testing, and I didn't get to
it yet.

Aliaksandr

Re: Releasing to someone else's maven repo ...

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aliaksandr Autayeu <al...@autayeu.com>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.