Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Alps <al...@c-sam.co.in> on 2006/06/28 07:13:39 UTC

SVG level image optimization.

Hi all,

I am using Batik for SVG to GIF/JPEG/PNG conversion. The output image
expected was with reduced size and good quality. We found several
optimization points like
1. BufferedImage Rendering Hints
2. Encoding specific parameter configuration like PNGEncodeParam
3. Color Quantization.

I am looking at SVG level optimization, if can specified at SVG document
level or during conversion to BufferedImage. I found the color quantization
works but can we specify the color depth (quantization) at SVG doc level ?
Are there any other optimization configuration available for reducing image
but maintaining quality.

Thanks..Alps

Re: SVG level image optimization.

Posted by Tonny Kohar <to...@kiyut.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, 2006-06-29 at 01:34 -0700, Alps wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> Yes, i tried those rendering attributes but found not much difference. I
> manuall updated the SVG document by adding those attribute in root element.
> Does i have to do anything in Batik to make it work ?

As long as you updated it inside updateManager thread and those
attributes are supported by Batik, then it should automatically works.

I do not know which one is supported and which one is not supported yet
by Batik.

Regards
Tonny Kohar
--
Sketsa
SVG Graphics Editor

Re: SVG level image optimization.

Posted by Tonny Kohar <to...@kiyut.com>.
Hi,

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 22:13 -0700, Alps wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am looking at SVG level optimization, if can specified at SVG document
> level or during conversion to BufferedImage. I found the color quantization
> works but can we specify the color depth (quantization) at SVG doc level ?
> Are there any other optimization configuration available for reducing image
> but maintaining quality.

You might be interesting to use SVG Rendering attribute:
- color-interpolation
- color-rendering
- shape-rendering
- text-rendering