Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by JoeKewle <mc...@hotmail.com> on 2017/04/14 15:17:39 UTC

Ubuntu 17.04 install with apt - "Support for selected protocol is not installed"

I installed guacamole using apt on a Ubuntu 17.04 system.  However, every
protocol I use errors out, and running a status on the service reveals
"Support for selected protocol is not installed" (using ssh and rdp).

Any help with this?  It's like it can't find any libraries.

Thanks!
Michael

Re: Ubuntu 17.04 install with apt - "Support for selected protocol is not installed"

Posted by Erik Berndt <er...@superiorpaving.net>.
Joe,

I would recommend building it from source or installing the pre-compiled
packages per the documentation. I've never had any luck installing the
version from the Debian repos, and I would imagine Ubuntu is using the same
package.

--

*Erik Berndt */ Systems Administrator
P.O. Box 900, Gainesville, VA 20156

*Need to open an IT support ticket?*
http://FixIT.superiorpaving.net/portal
<http://fixit.superiorpaving.net/portal> or FixIT@superiorpaving.net

*Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail*